Family-Based Green Cards

  • Experienced, Honest & Dedicated

    Our legal team shares a passion for providing exceptional advocacy to every client.

    Meet Our Team
  • From Visas
    to Green Cards

    You can trust our law firm to help protect your rights and fight for an optimum outcome.

    See Our Services
  • Take the
    First Step Today

    For an honest opinion on your legal matter, we encourage you to get in contact with us.

    Contact Our Firm

Family-Based Green Cards

Representation from Our Immigration Lawyers in Houston

Legal permanent residency in the United States can be obtained through sponsorship by a relative. This method to obtain residency is commonly used, but there are specific limitations. Residents can only sponsor spouses, children, and parents of the U.S. citizens who are under the classification of "immediate relatives."

Citizens of the U.S., however, can sponsor the following relatives for lawful permanent residency:

  • Spouses
  • Children
  • Adult sons
  • Adult daughters
  • Parents
  • Brothers
  • Sisters

How are family-based green cards obtained?

Green cards through family members can be applied for by either a United States citizen or permanent resident. Immediate relatives of a citizen are given greater preference to obtain lawful permanent residency through this form of sponsorship.

Immediate relatives include:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried children under age 21
  • Parents

Relatives who are not considered "immediate" may be able to be sponsored through a "family-preference category." Individuals who may be eligible include the unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers / sisters of the citizen.

The steps to obtain a green card while inside and while outside of the United States are different. At Rodriguez Law Office, we offer the quality representation that you need. We have the experience and knowledge you can trust in to complete this process. Our Houston immigration attorneys are devoted to working hard and taking every possible route to obtain a positive case result.

Our firm also offers honest assessments of each client's case. We are here, first and foremost, to help the client. If you want to sponsor a loved one to help him or her enter the country, whether it is your child, your fiancé, or another family member, we can help. We understand the specific laws and regulations that apply to your situation and can use this knowledge to help you avoid mistakes.

Contact us today!

Contact Us

Rodriguez Law Office
Houston Immigration Lawyer
Located at: 1406 Heights Boulevard,
Houston, TX 77008
View Map
Phone: (936) 240-5001
© 2023 All Rights Reserved.


The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.